Friday, September 24, 2010

I got all excited... then nothing!

Hi!  I was all excited about blogging then life got crazy for a bit and I just didn't have anything to say for a few weeks.  But today changed that.

Ella gets dropped off at school (daycare) very early... I think she's one of the first kids there.  Brad or I or both of us together, pick her up every time she's there.   Well, the kids at school think I'm Ella's mommy.  I assume that probably has something to do with the fact that their mommies come get them and I'm the woman that picks up Ella.  Well, sometimes the kids say things to Ella when I come in the room like Ella, your mommys here!  She has never corrected them or said anything to them.
Well, today they were sitting around a TV in little chairs when Brad & I arrived.  There were about 12 of them from the age of 3 to 5 it looked like...  Ella's classmates saw me coming and started to point and say "Ella!! Your mommy is here!!  Your mommy is here!!"  Well, almost all of the kids joined in ...saying "Your mommy is here, Ella!"
She looked at me and I smiled and she looked back at the kids and stood up from her chair and screamed at the top of her lungs....  "THAT'S NOT MY MOMMY!!!!  THAT'S MY AMY!!!!!!"
It was the cutest thing in the world.  I knew the other kids were confused, but it just made my day.

On another note...
Ella is obsessed with spotting fire hydrants.  She thinks that seeing one is so rare that every time she sees one she has to scream "FIRE HYDRANT, FIRE HYDRANT!"  until we acknowledge her and tell her good job for spotting one.  I know that one day Brad told her about the fire hydrants and they played a little game to count how many they saw, but it is now very important for her to point EVERY one out to us.  I don't know if you realize how many fire hydrants are on your street, but wow.  Haha!

What I love most about having a child around is getting excited about the little things.  I can show her something sparkly... anything... and get excited about it and it's the coolest thing since sliced bread.  It's amazing.

One more amazing thing...
She has the world's greatest memory, in my opinion.  I had a bridal shower in May that was at Stacey Rogers (aka Cisse)'s house.  Ella came to the shower... first time she had ever been to Stacey's house and I believe Ella has met Stacey just a couple other times other than the shower.  But, there is a drawing that is framed in our kitchen that our friend Alicia gave us as a gift for the shower.  It's a drawing of a bride & groom, super cute.  Well, Ella always talks about who the people are in the picture... but tonight she asked me where I got that picture!  I said "Alicia gave it to us!"  And she straight up told me "NO!  We got it from Stacey's house!!"  I was so confused.  I didn't even realize at first what she was talking about... or that she was even referring to Stacey Rogers!  And I told her she was wrong and again that Alicia gave it to us as a gift.  She said, "NO!  It came from Stacey's house!!!!!"
I just stepped away from her in awe....  I realized what she was telling me.  Ridiculous.    How does she remember that?!?

Anyway, it was a wonderful Friday night with Ella!  Can't wait to see her tomorrow!  I'm sure I'll have more to post... she's going to dance class tomorrow afternoon!  Yay!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment